Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankfulness

It's 7:30am here on Friday morning.  Just the dog and I are awake, though I think I hear Darya playing in her room.  I have a tradition to not go to Black Friday shopping!  I just prefer sleeping in my warm bed to shopping in the cold at 3:30am no matter how good the sales  :-)

We had a very nice Thanksgiving yesterday.  We had a few people from church over to celebrate with us and we all ate way too much good food.  But before we ate, Joel read Psalm 9 aloud.  We have so much to be thankful for, and above all earthly blessings, we have a God who loves us and gives us all spiritual blessings.

Psalm 9:1-2 

I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart;
     I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.
I will be glad and exalt in you;
     I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.

I have so much to be thankful for and I don't ever want to take it for granted.  I love my family, my church, and my friends that God has blessed me with.  I don't deserve any of them but am so grateful for the people God has put in my life.  

The handsome chef

My little sweet potato

Sweet Sam

Ben ready to devour his meal
  Olive you, Nate

My four favorite "little" blessings!


And one more thing I am thankful for, is that Lilianna's grant keeps growing!  I don't know who has been donating, but it really is encouraging to see her grant continue to grow.  I woke up this morning and saw it's gone up $30 since yesterday (and yesterday it had gone up, too!).  I hope and pray that next year she'll be able to celebrate the holidays with a family of her own.  How great would that be?  Another verse from Psalm 9 that Joel read aloud yesterday:

Psalm 9:18  "For the needy shall not always be forgotten, and the hope of the poor shall not perish forever."

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving. That's a pretty amazing family you have there!

    ReplyDelete