Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's a Girl!

We are now the proud parents of Darya Elizabeth Fick, born on June 9, 2008, officially declared our daughter on September 22, 2010.  Just like the delivery of my three boys, today was fairly painless and went quickly!  We are so thankful for our daughter and everyone's support, prayers, and encouragement along the way of this amazing journey!

Joel will leave tonight on an overnight train to Kiev.  Tomorrow he will go to the US Embassy to sign some paperwork.  Then he will leave early Friday morning. We had him re-routed so he is scheduled to arrive in Jacksonville just hours before the boys get there with Grandpa.  Praise God!!!  

Since the 10 day wait period is up on a weekend, I won't officially be able to get Darya until a Monday.  I'm waiting to hear an estimate of how long the passport takes here so I can schedule my sister's flight out here. I am so thankful and looking forward to her coming to help me bring our adorable, sweet, and spunky 2 year old daughter home!  

20 comments:

  1. Yeah, You!!! What a momentous day:) So excited and thrilled for you. Can't wait to see Darya with her brothers soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord Marianne! I can't stop smiling! Thank you for sharing your journey with us. We can't meet to meet your sweet, funny, amazing daughter soon. We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness!!!! WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! You finally got your girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah! So you are not in Kiev? We will be there Sunday, and in Kiev until probably the 29th or 30th. Then we go down to Cherkassy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge cheers (and tears) of joy! We are so glad most of the labor pains are over and that you have your sweet little girl at last. What a awesome birthday present for Sammy to have Joel home too...God is the great provider of ALL things! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I jumped on here as quickly as I could this morning hoping to hear these words. Big celebrating going on here (well, Ella is still asleep and the big girls are at school, so I am all alone with my happy smiles. Praying that everything will continue to go smoothly for you and that you will be home before you know it. How fun for your sister to get to come and fly home with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy for you!!!!!! YES!!!! :) And, thank you, again for all of the great Victor updates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAAAAAY!!! I'm so happy for you!! :) Congratulations Mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATULATIONS to your Whole family : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Fick Family! So excited for you. With you still being there maybe us two Florida families will cross paths. Would love to meet you and Darya! If not, we're in Gainsville ALOT for football games, we can catch up later. Congrats Again!! Kim B

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!! I hope our time there and my court date will NOT be like my labor with my 2 boys, very long and painful!!
    She is so super cute! I know you are head over heels.

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATS!!!! SOOOO exciting! I hope Sofia and Darya can meet someday!!!! Ukrainian sisters :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We bumped into Joel on the street and got to congratulate him in person, but now it is your turn... Yay! Congrats mama! You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! It has been SO much fun to follow your journey and see all of your wonderful pictures. I have a quilt in the makings for Darya! Love you all!

    Danielle and Eric and family

    ReplyDelete