Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Measure of Success

I love my family.  I love that they love Darya and everyone has welcomed her into the family with open arms.  This morning I got an email from Joel's grandfather (aka "Papa") with an article written by a Fox News reporter, Cal Thomas, who wrote about his brother, Marshall, who had Down syndrome (he just passed away).  You can click the link below to read the full article, but I love this quote:


"No life is a failure when it causes so many to care for others. At that my brother succeeded magnificently."

Darya may not grow up to be successful in the world's eyes, but that doesn't matter to me in the least.  Our children, our family, our friends all see the value she possesses, simply as being beautiful just the way God made her.  


http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/01/07/my-brothers-valuable-life/


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing that article with us, Marianne. Maybe a young woman will read Cal's testimony and think twice before giving up a baby with special needs.

    ReplyDelete