Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school.  I didn't sleep well last night because I was a bit nervous how Darya would do. She's such a peanut, and, well, it's just hard to let your baby go!  Instead of the usual meet-the-teacher with the rest of the school last week, they did a staggered start this week. So this morning Joel, the boys, and I took Darya to her first day of school. We got to meet the teacher (which I had done before) and the aides and see the classroom.  The teacher gave us a basic rundown of things.  Then we said goodbye!  We went home, and the boys had their first official day of school. When we were done, it was time to pick Darya up. The teacher said she did very well. What a relief!  Here's a couple of snapshots from today:

My sweet little peanut:

The boys concentrating on their first history lesson of the year:

4 comments:

  1. So glad she had a great first day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day. Your kids are adorable.


    I'm just trying figure out what had those boys undivided attention. It had to be the history of biblical theology, Van Tilian apologetics and how they find their apex in the works of Meredith Kline. Seriously, don't delete my comment! Just ask Joel, he'll tell you.

    Thanks for joining our blog recently. We love keeping up with you this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I know that had to have been hard. I can't even concieve that day. She looks so grown! Glad to hear it went well.

    ReplyDelete