Friday, October 8, 2010

Darya the American

We have been up for almost 24 hours and are now at the Charlotte, NC airport waiting for our final flight into Florida ("only" a 7 hour layover!). Once we exited the international terminal after passing through customs, Darya is officially an American citizen! As much as I loved Ukraine, it feels so good to be home on this side of the Atlantic. It will be so nice to be home tonight as a whole family! I have missed my boys so much and cannot wait to be with them again in a matter of hours. Darya has been amazing these past few brutal days and I just know she will be such an incredible addition to our family. I am exhausted but happy :-) my next blog post will be on Darya's homecoming. I hope to also post on other things that I have intended but haven't gotten to, including more pictures. Until then, I am enjoying a Diet Coke and trying to stay awake. Darya is snoozing soundly.

11 comments:

  1. Congrats to Darya!!

    Can't wait for the homecoming pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, and know that you are loved by a country of American Christians!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Welcome home beautiful. Welcome to the life your Father always intended for you.

    be blessed
    ashlee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had known! I could have driven over and visited! :) So glad you're HOME! And, you have a new family member who is officially recognized now!!!! I hope I'm there soon, too. :)

    Thanks again for EVERYTHING. I can't even tell you how much it meant.

    Kari :) (in Charlotte, wondering if I can see your plane take off ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darya, you are now an American!! Yahoo!! Mama, we're glad you all are home safely and soon to be with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoo Hoo welcome home Darya! What a wonderful life of love you will get to live now....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to America dear Darya! We're all sending hugs and kisses your way. Welcome back Marianne, and blessings to your family as you all adjust to "normal" life again with an added little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh DANG Marianne! I was too late in reading this post! I only live an hour and a half from Charlotte and I would have loved to have come and kept you company...Welcome home. I can hardly believe you are already back in the states! So happy for you and especially Darya. Love ya, cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to Darya! And welcome home!

    ReplyDelete