Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Just a couple of things...

There's no news yet on our dossier.  I assume it's still being translated.  The SDA only accepts dossiers on Thursdays (I think just for special needs and certain ages they are submitted on Thursdays, but they accept dossiers on other days, too, but for different "profiles" of children). Anyway, I haven't heard if ours will be submitted tomorrow, but I'm kind of doubtful as a few other families who sent their dossiers in before us are still waiting. So I'm hoping for next week!  After it's submitted, we should get a date for our SDA appointment within 2-3 weeks for anywhere from 10-30 days out.  So we're looking at September for travel.

Thank you so much for all of you who have generously donated to our giveaway!  It means so much to us and is such a huge blessing to know we are being cared for by so many people in this way :-)  We'll keep it going until the end of next month.  Joel vetoed my brilliant idea of adding a "second place" giveaway with one of my custom portraits (see the one I did of my parents below)!  What do you think? haha!

But in all seriousness, we are so thankful for all of you and your support!!  I am soooo anxious to get Darya home.

4 comments:

  1. I love the portrait you did....so cute!! I was thinking that Ella needs to have Darya on her hospital wall. She has Dasha even though she isn't home yet and it is one her favorite people to look at. I want her to know Darya before she comes home too. Would you email me her picture...please... adjvollmer@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I think we are going to be over there at the same time. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In all seriousness Marianne, that is way better than anything I could draw! I'll take the consolation prize :-). Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Shelli I'm sure you can do better than my pathetic stick figures! lol!

    ReplyDelete